Monday, December 07, 2009

Hello Humans.

I have only completed two task on my to-do list. That's pretty slow. Anyway have been going out these days and finally I'm at home today! :D [Anyway 313 open already! Pretty crowded but i didn't go ther shop, just to bypass it to MRT.] HAHA. Wonder if I should tidy up my cupboards or should I start planning my timetable. I think the latter is more important and maybe I should do it first.. Thought of taking the same course or electives with my friends but wonder what common course we wanna take sia... And this sem I should take 6 courses le lah, i think i should...

Anyway, felt like doing some reflection/review for the courses i took last sem:
HS101: Out of all the courses I prefer this the most, be it the content or lecture. HAHA. I think it's the lecturer that makes the different. But i don't really like the tutorial, in fact I don't like any of the tutorials of all the courses. HAHA. I hate reading the course Textbook of classic readings and ten questions. The former is so long and dry that i didn't read for my weekly reading and I didn't even read it for my exam! As for the latter, it's long and naggy! But I managed to read/browse through it la. Anyway this is the course for sociology and hopefully I'll get at least C for my exam for this paper.

HS102: Singapore in Transition... It reminds or rather recap some social studies topics on history of Singapore... But through it I learn more about Singapore's policies! Like The great marriage debate, the functions of housing policy that amaze me. Not a too bad course BUT i barely read half of the readings of this course. The readings are long with small sizes, some are interesting while some are not....

HS103: Global problems... I used to think it's good to have cheap labors (to have cheap labor cost) for consumers so as to lower the prices. Of course as a consumer I would think that as it will maximize my consumer welfare, BUT i neglected the fact that these workers are being exploited. Imagine they worked so hard for a day and only earn that USD$1! That's like WTH right? But it's so contradicting, I wish they can have higher pay yet consumer can still enjoy cheap goods, but the producers wouldn't want to reduce their profits. How sad. D':

HC450: Chinese semantics. My friends S/U it but i didn't. The paper was hard, cos I didn't memorise the book titles and the authors,pray hard that I'll pass. Anyway this course is quite interesting, knowing more about chinese characters and chinese, but as a non-chinese major and this course is a 400 level course (meaning usually for 3rd year students), we the non-chinese major were like lost most of the time in lecture. HAHA, luckily i have nice coursemate like shumei and huisi (: And the teacher is quite okay, not strict with us. (: That makes me feel like taking chinese course again BUT writing chinese character these days seems to be so tedious and many chinese characters I don't know how to write already! ): Maybe I should keep taking chinese to keep myself know how to write chinese words-.=

HW101: Craft of writing... The only course without exam :D Though the class is very interactive, that's why I don't really like it. HAHA. And as can be seen from the course name, it's about writing la, but I don't think my writing have improved. HAHA.

Hopefully I can plan a timetable with less then 5 school days! [the best with long weekend from fri-sunday!] And maybe not so early like 8.30am in the morning, maybe 9.30 is preferred but got to see the time slot. ): It seems that many end quite late, that's worse cos afternoon lesson is so tiring and can't go out etc.HAHA.

Anyway, I seriously want go K-Box soon after my throat is feeling better!

LOVES,bean (:

No comments:

Post a Comment