Friday, October 04, 2013

Cafe hopping with shan (Letoile Cafe and Stranger's Reunion)

Hello Humans,

I'm still learning my driving and we have finally booked our practical test on 9 December! Though we couldn't book the "best" slot, I hope traffic in a Monday afternoon aren't going to be that bad! Cross our fingers and God bless you and please wish us luck. LOL.

So yes, we have been going for classes, sometimes in the morning as early as 7.30 or latest for us around 5. It can be very tiring for morning class cos it's hard to get out of the bed but you'll left the whole day to do whatever you'd loved to. The goods about evening class is that you can probably nuah earlier of the day but it's seems like a day wasted.

Okay, this is not the highlight of today's entry. It's about Food, Cafe-hopping!

We have been trying to visit cafes after our morning driving lessons and here are two of the cafes we went so far:

Letoile Cafe

I told you that I'll be visiting it again and I'm so glad that it opens on Monday! Cos quite a handful of cafes do not open on Monday and it can be quite distressful when I was searching for one.

Nymph of the Nile tea. Can't remember what's in it but I remember there's rose! (: So it was kinda soothing and I enjoyed the tea!

Our order- Sea food pasta and Big breakfast

Closer look of Shan's seafood pasta. I ate a few mouth and it's pretty not bad. The portion was just nice for her I guess.

My Big Breakfast! Come to think about it actually the cost of Big Breakfast shouldn't be that high but somehow it feels good to have a hearty brunch like this. HAHA. I love the mushroom and the bacon aren't too fatty! Anyway I was hesitating what kind of egg to order since you can order omelette, sunny up, overeasy and scramble. I can't think of how overeasy egg looks like and hence I ordered it. Please tell me what's the different overeasy and sunny up! LOL.

Check out what's up in level two (okay I mean what they have):

Pretty seats for 4. Sat here with XQ the other time!

Vintage stuff

Group of 6? No issue of squeezing for table!

Or how about sitting on sofa for a chitchat session over a cup of coffee/tea?

And I love their curtain! HAHA.

It was raining and then drizzling when we were eating. The hot tea served us well and we were kinda of sleepy after the meal, with the kind of weather. Back to shop to work and that marks off the end of our cafe trip that day. But I can tell you I'll be there again, maybe to try something else on their menu, maybe cakes? HAHA. The meal costed us nearly $40, kinda expensive since both of us had proper meal plus a pot of tea. But I think their sweet-stuff are pretty pocket friendly and most importantly, I love the atmosphere.


Stranger's Reunion
So on the other morning where we ended our driving lesson at 9.10, we decided to visit Stranger's Reunion before heading back to work. HAHA, it's more like Shan going work and I go there to nuah/help out. X:


Our Order: Vanilla Ice Cream Waffle with Fresh Fruits and Fried Lotus Root Chips

The price aren't really friendly so we didn't order any mains or tea. Instead, we tried their waffle cos it seems like one of their must-try and initially I wanted to try Truffle fries but Shan suggested Fried Lotus Chips which kinda of reminded me that I wanted to try it too. HAHA. The waffle was pretty much okay, it wasn't hot but I guess we didn't eat it asap. The Fried Lotus Roots Chips kinda cheated our feeling. I mean it wasn't that nice. It was super ultra oily hence we got tired of it pretty soon. The portion was big but it comes with a huge price tag. I mean nearly $15 for lotus root? I can't remember the price of the items but these two end up to nearly $40.00. I'd rather go elsewhere for proper food huh!

What's around us:
Quite crowded

Shan and I

They have Chinese painting hanging around the place. If you like it you can buy it! But again, it's art so you gonna pay a bit (since you should be able to appreciate it should be okay huh!)



I probably wouldn't be visiting the place any time soon cos the price aren't pocket friendly and seems like you should come with more people if you wanna try out more of their sides.

Hee, and the day didn't end off with that cos we had good meal for our grandma's birthday! TEEHEEE.

I'll be back again to post on our experience with The Book Cafe next time! :)


Loves,
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment