Sunday, October 13, 2013

Canton Paradise with Neighbour

Hello Humans,

Meet up with Jeremy last week for lunch at Canton Paradise at JCube, somewhere which is nearer to our place. Anyway it’s more like tea-time since it’s kinda late lunch and it’s tea-time promotion. So we sort of loitered around the mall while waiting for the time to strike 2.30pm.  This friend of mine seems to love JCube a lot and he introduced me a lot of eateries. But I was keen to try Canton Paradise since I've not try it before.

We got seated slightly before 2.30pm and starred at the menu, counting down to the promo time. He sort of highly recommended this handmade meat ball porridge cos it’s nice and he’s been here for 4 times ordering the same thing! Oh well, not many choices for the promo porridge since I don’t eat century egg and squid so I’m left with 2 options. Encouraged him to order something new and so he ordered chicken and mushroom porridge. We were kinda disappointed when we were told that they have no more milk tea. He doesn't really want to accept the fact and asked if it will be like out of stock of the whole day -.- I was like “Hello are you gonna stay here the whole day?!” HAHA. In the end I ordered Warm Barley and he ordered a weird drink- watercress honey drink. Hmm, a pity that I was having flu and I don’t wanna be evil to spread around so I didn't try it but I really wonder how it tastes like! It looks weird, at least to me, or us. HAHA.


I was kinda surprised when the porridge was served cos it’s quite a big bowl! I was anticipating a small rice bowl okay. HAHA. Never mind at least that’s a pleasant surprise (: You know, usually I don’t order porridge cos it’s too hot to consume. It makes eating slightly difficult. But hey, this is pretty nice and the portion is huge! How should I say the texture? It’s those kind, so it can be very filling. The 4 meatballs that comes with it were quite smooth and bouncy and the fried you tiao is nice though the portion is quite stingy!



Then here comes our dimsum- 小笼包, 烧卖, fried radish cake and the other one which I can’t remember and don’t remember its name. To me they taste normal, so I don’t have much comment. But the fried radish cake supposed to have 腊味which I seriously couldn't detect any taste of it but my eyes sort of saw some tiny bits. Thought of trying other dimsum but luckily we didn't cos the meal is already quite filling.

For a $10 meal, with a quiet and pretty comfy ambiance, I think it’s quite worth it for a visit or visits! Oh ya, we were allocated to sofa seats, those “live in your own world” kind which is good place for catch up! I’m thinking of bringing my family there one fine there and perhaps try out some of their dimsum/food cos I saw some photos on instagram and the food like OMG. This includes  流沙包 with its filling oozing out! Meet up was kind of short and our conversation was everywhere and random? And how can a student, who still has 1.5 semester to graduate to secure a job when someone else is unemployed?! Spoil market!
Okay, pretty much of it. See you again neighbor. HAHA.

On a side note, I went libraries at Woodlands and JE. To my surprise there’s a huge collection of Agatha Christine’s book in Woodlands library! And since I couldn't find other books written by Mitch Albom, I borrowed some books by Agatha Christine’s instead. It somehow reminded me of an old friend of mine, who we didn't contact for super long. She's kind of MIA. Hope she's doing fine now (:

Loves,
Bean
 

No comments:

Post a Comment