Saturday, December 24, 2011

Minor vs GPA

Hello Humans.

A sudden thought of mine- Minor or GPA.

Minoring in Communication Studies wasn't really in my initial plan. To be honest, I used to think it would look good to have minor in something. I thought of minoring in Chinese and CS, but decided only the latter cos minoring in Chinese is really a major challenge cos' I can't imagine myself reading all the Chinese readings on top of my Sociology readings. Moreover, I'm only left with 2 CS modules to complete my minor. It would be a waste if I don't minor in it right?

But I got to admit that I have limited interest in CS, I thought of journalism in Chinese but somehow I don't think I'm looking at that direction anymore. I think I was just idealizing and trying to find some directions at that point of time. Is minoring in CS any value or benefit to me? I'm not sure. But for the time being, it's not as important.

I wonder if I should continue to minor in CS at the expense of my GPA since CS usually drag my GPA down. (Or maybe I can take them and just SU them). Or perhaps I should take some other modules that are more meaningful or interesting or easier to score.

Sorry that I'm quite GPA minded, cos I've nothing else besides academic. I mean, I've no CCA, I've no Hall activities. I've no exchange experience FOR THE TIME BEING (I'm hoping to have one and I WILL have one). So, I only have academic result to rely on. Moreover, I don't have much commitment to other things so I thought maybe studies should be my priority now. It is only through improvement of GPA that I can graduate with a Second Upper. I need to get 4.5 for each of my remaining 3 semesters. Teach me how to! Yeah hard but not impossible, so let's wait and see! :P (Scully i'll change my expectation again when the semester begins, LOL).Probably a better Class of Honors will open more opportunities and higher pay which yield higher benefits as compared to minoring in something which I most probably will not be using in the future or do not have much interest in.

Anyway my mind is not set, I'll still think about it (at least I wouldn't have to decide til the SU deadline for next semester, LOL) . Any advise out there?

I want to happily graduate with a Second Upper in 1.5 years time. Not that I'll be sad to graduate with a Second Lower, but I'll definitely be disappointed if my effort didn't yield the result I want. Wait til all of us "unleash our potential" ( Yee 2011)- yes I quoted from 117! HAHA. Oh ya, I've sort of decided to do FYP and hence I'll be graduating in 1.5 years time instead of chionging to graduate in a year time. What to rush to graduate when I've no idea what to do in the future right? HAHA. Plus there's probably NO presentation-what a good news for me.

Loves,
Bean.

P.S. And I got a random thought of whether just to apply for MOM/HDB internship if it's still open. Just apply and if I get then it's good. If I don't, I'll just happily clear it with other modules. lalalaaa

P.S.S I'm so sorry for all the academic related posts here. I have to "talk" to myself, and maybe whoever out there. HAHA. There're still a lot to think about- exchange, internship and blah blah blah. And I'm so sorry NPM that I've think about exchange at all. I'm thinking about some other stuff. HAHA. Okay, I still have 2 weeks to think about them and to nuah. Holiday is still the best (: