Friday, September 06, 2013

Bonding Session with Shan (Cafe hopping & movie date)

Hello Humans,


Shan and I have always wanted to do some cafe hopping and we finally started our cafe adventure with our first stop- The Orange Thimble last Sunday. It was around 10 plus when we reach Tiong Bahru and we could see crowds around the area. As we made our way toward The Orange Thimble, we spotted a coffee shop with a long queue. Customers were eating Hainanese curry chicken and pork chop if I am not mistaken. They (the food) look good! Seems pretty nice to have a eat-out-breakfast or get someone in the family out to take-away some hot-piping food for the family. So we walked past Tiong Bahru Bakery. It was full-house, packed with humans of different ages. We made the right choice and headed to The Orange Thimble, which is super peaceful from the outside as there is no single customer via the glass door. The photo above was taken when we left the cafe, hence there was someone in the photo.


It seems like a peaceful place to chillax, to chat with your friend, to enjoy a cup of tea and a book or whatever you do. There were 2 groups of people there when we reached the cafe. A couple was about to leave and the other big group seems like some editorial group having some informal meeting at the long table. Not bad, the cafe offers different types of tables that suite different groups of people. Like I've mentioned they have long table for big groups, or a sofa seats cos cozy time in the cafe or maybe a normal table and chairs if that's more of your preference for eating.


Somehow the both of us thought that the cafe is 2 stories but no, it is not. We settled down and ordered a Red Coffee Rib Stew with Pasta ($12.90) and a cup of tea ($5.90) to share. I gonna say I love the ribs cos the meat is so tender and there's no difficulties at all to eat the meat! The stew was kinda sweet but after you add just a bit of coffee, the taste changed and there's coffee-taste added to it. And it was great cos there wasn't much noise in the cafe, unlike Tiong Bahru Bakery.




Overall feel: The Orange Thimble seems to be a great place to just spend a peaceful day with yourself or some people. It seems pretty much that you're living in your own world. I love the food that I've ordered and tea can be refilled with hot water upon request. However, personally I feels that the range of food offered is slightly limited, that includes their dessert. But surely, I'd love to visit it again. (:



We planned to go Tiong Bahru Bakery as our second stop of the day since it is just next door and we would love to try more of their tarts. However the crowd on a weekend is a huge turn-off and hence we just nuahed in The Orange Thimble. HEEE. But to be fair, we had our lemon tart take-away from Tiong Bahru Bakery and ate it while we were waiting for our bus to town. I gonna say I love their lemon tart too! The lemon is sour! HAHA, I mean it's really appetizing and kind of nice to have a sour dessert. It actually taste nicer than those pastries that I've ordered during my last trip with Adele! So... I don't mind going there again to try out more of their tarts! (:


Overall feel: Taste is something that is simply too subjective. What you love may be hated by someone. I mean some of their food are so highly recommended but after tasting they can be okay okay for me. However I fell in love with the lemon tart and hence will not mind going back to try other tarts. But hey, visiting it on a weekend for me is a no-no if possible since it's way too crowded.

Another highlight of the day is probably our movie date too. We watched The Internship as much desired by Shan. Surprisingly, it's an awesome movie! I mean, I wasn't really interested in the movie but I don't mind watching it. But it was quite funny and a laughed quite a bit! And yeah, it also reminds its audience that when there's a way when there's a will. So don't give up too easily and some ridiculously options may actually turn out to be a fantastic one.

That's all. It would be great if we can have a monthly all-day-out bonding session with sis. HAHA.

Loves,
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment