Monday, September 16, 2013

Cafe hopping with xq [Letoile Cafe and Wimbly Lu Chocolate]

Hello Humans,

This post is gonna be on yummy food again! Yes I've been eating all the sinful sweet food, especially on this cafe-hopping day with XQ since most of the stuff we ate were starchy and desserts. FATTENING SINFUL FOOOODDDD, I think I'm gaining weight again ):

Cafe-hopping buddy of the day!

We have a list of cafes but we decided on Letoile Cafe and Wimbly Lu Chocolate as they are along the purple line. Cos since we'll be having the whole day for two cafes, it will be better for us to go cafes that are further from where we stay. We did think of exploring other parts of the purple line, such as walking around Puggol Park or something cos it's really somewhere that seems not bad to explore! But we'll save that to other days cos it was raining quite bad and XQ had something on that day.

As I've mentioned, it was raining on our date so it got a bit troublesome for us to nagivate our way. ): Meet up the girl at Farrer Park and we spent more than 30 minutes finding Letoile Cafe though it supposed to be like a 7 minutes walk. I was hoping that Goggle did not lie to me again and make us walk one big round. It didn't really lie to ask but somehow we just got lost. Our poor feets were all soaked in water when we finally reached the place. But anyway, the cafe is really quite easy to find and nice the MRT if you didn't get out at the wrong Exit.

Though we were quite sianjipua with our wet shoes and feet, I got to admit that I'm quite happy with the cafe! It's kinda like a peaceful and quiet place standing on a random Owen Road.



We didn't order much since we just wanna try some of their food and to look around and nuah around. So here's Banana Nutella Toast and Carrot Cake. We shared the food so we could try more but sad to say that XQ didn't eat much of the Carrot Cake cos it was too sweet for her. But as for me, I think the sweetness was still okay! HAHA, so I ate most of it :X We also order a pot of tea at $5.90 to share and it can be refilled! 2 food plus tea, we just lazed around and chat on random things despite us getting sleepy from our lunch and rain.


And it is a pretty cafe with pretty stuff, as can be seen from the photo above! Tables, sofa and all the stuffs make the place so nice to nuah. A place where you can really just laze around, along or with your friends to chit chat and munch on affordable food. Cakes looks not bad and the price seems acceptable but I've yet to try them. But I believe I'll be visiting them again so no hurry! HEE. Anyway the total bill was around $20.

My POV: I think I don't have to say much. Personally I love the place. Price range is sort of standard for cafe but some prices still acceptable eg tea. I also love where it is located, standing along a random street with less crowd on a weekday, sipping tea into your mouth, reading a book on hands or catching up with friends.

Operation hour: Mon-Fri 11am-10pm / Sat-Sun 9am -10pm (YES it's open on Monday!)
Nearest Station: Farrer Park, Exit D

P.S. I went there another time after a few days with my sister! HAHA, so did XQ with her friend. LOL. Will blog about it in another post! HEE.


So after hours of lazing around and got cheated that we could get cheap Golden Village tickets at City Square, we set off to Wimbly Lu Chocolate which is near Serangoon MRT. We gonna walk a bit from the station to the cafe but it was much easier cos the rain has stopped and somehow we got some directions already and hence didn't get lost. HEE.


We ordered Vegetarian Baked Rice and Larva Chocolate Cake since we had too much sweet treats and it's time for some savoury food! HAHA, and we have to try their chocolate since their name has "Chocolate" too! Okay that's what I'm saying only, we actually were thinking between chocolate tofu cake or something and larva chocolate and end up ordering the latter. Vegetarian Baked Rice was nice. It looks quite simple and plain but it's nice! You know some baked rice you eat and eat until don't really wanna eat cos it's too oily or 腻? It's totally not the case for this. I'm not sure what kind of cheese they use but we kind of like it. The rice, its ingredients and cheese were like good combination for something starchy, nice and simple yet nice. I think I'm repeating myself. So anyway, the larva chocolate cake was yummy too, but it's kinda small too! Inside was really soft. I guess inside was almost all liquid state of chocolate but I couldn't really remember.




Here's us with the background of the cafe! Pretty nice and we got ourselves a corner table which is kinda peaceful in the noisy cafe. HAHA. What's above us was a glass/transparent roof where you can check out what's happening outside! We also talked about it whether it's good to have one at home, HAHA. Didn't stay that long in the cafe, we were really tired and sleepy but decided to make a move before any rain comes. By the way the bill for two was $20.

MY POV: This cafe is located among those landed property, pretty interesting. The location wasn't difficult to find, if you never get lost. The food here are not bad. As for atmosphere wise, it's pretty not bad though it can be uite crowded and noisy. Seats are pretty limited too.

So all in all, we spent $20 each for cafe-hopping that day! Awesome date with XQ while she was having holiday! I have been eating nice food and visiting cafes cos people around me (e.g. sis and friend) wanna try out some cafes and so do I! But I realized my wallet/bank is getting from thin to thinner and me myself getting from fat to fatter so I guess I need to control a little bit already. HAIX.

But anyway, food is loved. How to resist you tell me?!

Loves,
Bean



No comments:

Post a Comment