Wednesday, September 11, 2013

M&M Dates with Laopo ZY

Hello Humans,

Musical: The Phantom of the Opera

The distance and angle from my seat! Seems a bit slanted but it was okay!

The long awaited musical, which was supposed to be my first musical experience, was finally here on 25th August (Paiseh I know it's kind of outdated but bo-bian). To be honest, my excitement level was the highest when we made the purchase of the tickets. It then went on and off. HAHA, it was quite a hard time for us to search for the best seats and I can remember how heart-wrecking it was when someone bought the super best seats that we were eyeing.


Anyway, it was a threesome date with ZY and her younger sister. We were kinda excited in some sense and I wondered how great our seats would be since our tickets are so expensive. And it did not disappoint us cos we were really kinda near the stage! As in we get to see the performers' facial expression (though it may not be those super clear kind but still can see I think). The stage was a grand one and they even cover it up so as to prevent people from taking photos of it -.- The performers can really sing, and some were like oh-my-god super high pitch! I was lost here and there but I felt so happy when I hear familiar music/songs! HEE. We were also quite curious of whether the music was played by an orchestra or via CD or whatever cos it was  really fantastic! We went into the crowd in front of the stage after the performance and saw the band! :D It was like damn awesome. If only I can play an instrument! And I can't help it but to confess that Christine's childhood guy friend (aka her bf) looks so good-looking! HAHA. It was a pity that we couldn't find the poster of the musical for memory ):

View of other seats

Movie: The Purge

The other M date with ZY was MOVIE!

I've finally have a movie date on a random Tuesday night.

Thanks ZY for reading my post and accompany me to do things randomly! HEE. So anyway, sometimes it's good to have a cinema near your house and when it is not really crowded. I mean there wasn't a lot of people buying tickets and all. So ZY read about my post on Movie Mood and she hinted me to date her out, which I did by PM-ing her. So yes, I dated her. As I was afraid that we can't get good seats should we buy the tickets too late, I reached at 6.20pm for our 7.30pm movie. To my surprise, there were barely some taken seats. Also, I realized that it's good to have movie date on Tuesday if you have a passion card cos you'll get to have a free combo- a pop-corn and a drink. *Cheapo mode on*

So anyway, the movie was quite a short one- 85 minutes. But it goes straight to the point instead of beating around the bush. It started a few hours right before The Purge and end right after The Purge. The Purge is a legalized time frame from 7pm-7am on a day for people (i.e. the Americans) to do something like killing, fighting, burning or whatever they like, to release the beast side of them and to cleanse their souls. In other way, the country will be "benefited" from The Purge by having low crime rate, low unemployment rate and maybe some other stuffs that I didn't really catch. For those victims, their loss were seen as a scarification for the better of the society.

This movie made me pondered for a while for some issues. It raised issues of humanity, social issues etc.

1. The Purge should be supported as it helps the progress of the country. For instance, a safe nation with low unemployment rate and low crime rate. However, all the figures are so unreal cos hello, people might just wait for that day of the year to do all the evil crimes. In fact this idea wasn't really realistic. Imagine there are some many people being killed, the employees and the employers. How can a workplace/organization/shop function properly the next day? For example, a lost of a employer or a leading figure could risk the functioning of the company. What happen to the destroyed infrastructures?

2. Do we have the rights to end the lives of anyone, especially those of lower social class just because they are homeless or different skin colours? This was highlighted in the movie and it was quite sad to admit that some people do think so that the lives of the homeless or lower social class indeed have less worth as they have lesser contribution in the society and in fact they were seen as burden.

3. Should I be one of the people witnessing the victim (e.g. the Black in the movie), will I try to save him? He was begging for help. He's innocent but he became a prey of the night. Who is he for me to save and to risk the lives of my family? I don't know what kind of decision I will actually make. To watch him die since it's better to protect your loved ones first or to save a life. It seems that kids have more empathy towards the victims and hence the son helped him. Yet standing from the viewpoint of his dad, what he was doing was just to protect his family. HMM, so honestly speaking, I guess I'll do the same as the dad, being selfish, protective and heartless. Though it's gonna sound cruel but I think more fault lies in those who wanna to kill that man, though unwillingness to lend a helping is kind of immoral too...

4. If I'm the dad, will I hand over the Black to those people who wanted to kill him? I think my stand is already quite obvious for point 3 already X: But humanity can be inspired or reminded even in the nick of time (:

5. If I'm the mum, will I kill those neighbours who nearly killed my whole family? I'm a petty person and I don't think I'll be able to face those fake people in the near future and moreover they might just come back for revenge on The Purge next year. 斩草除根,免有后患。OMG I sounds damn cruel again. But it's really like I wouldn't provoke you if you don't provoke me right? HMM, humans....

So yeah, the movie is pretty not bad. Those points above are just some random thoughts of mine. To me The Purge is something lack of moral and is a flawed activity. Does it really cleanse one's soul by doing all these stuff? Does the society and country really benefit from it? Sorry I don't think so.Maybe it set us thinking that violent doesn't solve the problem? Maybe.

So that was it for my M&M date with ZY. Can't think of a list for ZY to date me yet. We'll see how :)

Loves,
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment