Saturday, July 27, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA :D

Hello Humans,

It's been a while for my family to have staycation for NDP preview+ mum's birthday and coincidentally it was my eldest sister's first anniversary with my brother-in-law*! We got a good room at level 16 with this view (refer to images below)! So we got to watch NDP preview from the balcony of the room, which is quite clear though camera can only take blurry images of the stage. I think my mum did mention to the manager that she wanna watch NDP preview before her birthday dinner and the manager tried to arrange it for her! So sweet right! But hmmm, it took damn long for us to check in cos the rooms are not ready ):

*1 year pass damn fast cos we recalled last year,13th July 2012, Shan and I were in Zurich and we just got back to hotel receiving my brother's whatapp saying that they were busy preparing for my sis's tea ceremony. We tried to skype them but the connection was very bad and we actually thought the tea ceremony is on 14th July. LOL. So yeah, we managed to skype a bit with our family for a very short, hoping that they did not forget about us. haha.

Proud to be a Singaporean, born in this generation. Be grateful and count your bless. Though sometimes I love to complain about Singapore this or that, like.. eh I can't really remember what I've complaint but anyway, I know I'm a very fortunate one to be living and growing up in this city-state in this era. Though we don't really need to travel to learn to appreciate things, but sometimes it just helps you to contrast the difference between countries etc. There are always the good and bad, and all this make me love you, Singapore. :D

Five stars are rising~

A day of celebration.


We made a reservation at Peach Blossoms Restaurant for a table of 10 for my mum's birthday! :D Customized menu for my mum's birthday dinner! (She chose the dishes herself)

寿桃 is loved! I had two, nobody ever fought it with me for that. HAHA

Looks a bit cruel but we loved Suckling pig! My grandma didn't eat it cos she thinks that suckling pig is disgusting or cruel though she loves roasted pork etc. LOL. 

The chef did it well cos the Suckling pig wasn't too oily, unlike those we ate elsewhere! I had 5 of those in the photo cos the combination of wrap + crispy skin + spring onion + sauce= PERFECT!

Garlic Prawn- 1 plate with chilli padi and the other with garlic only. This is actually requested by my dad, who want it to be cooked somehow like this but not really like this. Guess he wanted the grilled or baked one that he had somewhere else. lol, can't blame the chef cos I think he/she really tried it. Anyway, generous portion of garlic made the prawn yummy yummy but hmmm, look at the prawn! THEY ARE SO SMALL! ): We actually made pre-orders so we were very disappointed by the size! )):

Check this out! The crab is a gigantic one!

Mee sua, probably the only dish that is less salty. We were thinking that the chef is probably very 重口味person cos shark fin etc are very salty! But anyway, this mee sua is nice and simple (:

Pretty cake from Prima Deli! Shan was the one who chose this design, think of the words and she carry it all the way! Hee, it's yummy cos the roses are made of white chocolate, chocolate sponge with real hazelnut and creams sided with chocolate pieces! Glad that everyone loves this cake! :D

Happy mum and dad.

Pop a champagne! My mum took damn long to pop it. It was hilarious that the angmors and staffs were kind of worry that somehow the thing will hit them. Tell you a secret- this champagne is 1 year old already cos I got it from France last year! That's the first thing that I got from my Europe trip last year, and that's for my mum. So sweet of me right?! Especially when I still have so much more travelling to be done! Not sure if that's the real taste of the champagne cos it tastes kind of weird. HMM, i hope it's the original taste. LOL. 

Family portrait! Do we look alike? Can you make a guess of the sequence of my siblings (if you don't know)? Empty spaces to be filled up with our future partners huh? LOL, someone in my family mentioned it last time before. HAHA

Shall end off with a happy photo of my mum! Happy birthday mama once again. Hope you had a blast and enjoyed your dinner! :) Stay healthy, pretty, safe and happy! (hello to the balloon that xq got for me the other day! it's still surviving well, though it has leaked some air already!)

Lots of love,
bean

No comments:

Post a Comment