Sunday, July 21, 2013

Meet up equates to meeting awesome people and yummy food!

Hello Humans,

I've found another reason to feast- MEET UP! HAHAHHA.

1. Kith Cafe

Meet up with 117 for brunch date. The both of us don't have any fate with Botanical Garden cos we planned to visit Food for Thought and walk around the garden after our brunch. It's either haze or rain, so we shall visit it NEXT TIME, one fine day. So as usual, we came out with random back-up plan of going to Kith Cafe and head for Despicable Me 2! Finally got to try Kith Cafe after so long as planned trips to there haven't been a successful one. Okay the food don't really look very appealing here but they taste alright! The one that's bigger in the picture is Big Breakfast ($16 before gst) that comes with choice of bread (I chose multi grain), choice of egg (I chose Omelette), grilled tomato, bacon and mushroom. The toast is slightly hard for me but I guess maybe all toasts will turn harder as they are left in the open. 117 ordered Chicken Mushroom Sandwich ($12-$14 before gst i think) and having tasted a bit, it should be not bad I guess.

Overall taste: Not bad, but a bit pricey. Environment is alright too, it would be good to spend your time with a cake and a cup of tea/coffee. And I don't mind going back another day cos I wanna try their duck sandwich! Think I saw it somewhere before and it looks not bad! :D

Waited for the rain to stop but it was never ending so we walked in the rain with our umbrellas to PS and happily bought our tickets straight when we reached there. I've never thought that I'll watch Despicable Me 2 cos it's like.. too cute... it's like for kids to watch in cinema. HAHA. I mean this kind of movie confirm plus chop Channel 5 will air it one fine day and I don't mind waiting for years. But anyway, it was really a let-down-your-hair kind of movie cos it's cute and funny! It can be brainless and senseless stuff but it's just for laughter. So yeah, not bad huh! :D

2. Tiong Bahru Bakery






Pretty food that we ordered at Tiong Bahru Bakery. Seriously don't remember their names- the yellowish pie thingy is pandan flavour and it tastes a bit like the egg tart I had earlier of that day; the round round thing is probably caramel something?; and the last one I remember! It's chocolate croissant and Earl Grey Lavender tea. Actually all of them taste pretty similar, layer by layer, and hard to cut using knife and fork. Atmosphere is pretty fine too cos we managed to get the corner seat and I can only see NPM in front of me. HEE.

Overall taste: Not bad, but a but pricey. Selection is quite limited with some sandwiches, tarts, pies. Probably better for breakfast or tea-time. I think my expectations and hopes were too high and I was a bit disappointed leh X:


So after our brunch date, we headed for our make-up class that was arranged just for the two of us. HAHAHHA, too bad cos you gonna do what you've promised. 

That is us after our make-up, with our smoky eyes and falsies! But ahem, my eyes are too sensitive for me to use my eyeliner for the lower eyes ): I teared and refused to try. HAHA. NPM damn power, she drew all.

Gonna remove falsies as it's either falsies or glasses. A bit pity cos the falsies is $1 a pair and I wore it for less than 10 minutes? So die die must take a photo! HAHAHHA.

Say HI to NPM's pretty eyes and lashes! Was told by the instructor that to have more natural look of the falsies, the criss-cross one should be used so that it can blend it with our own's lashes. Okay, noted. So that was our first try! HEEE. 

3. Tom's Palette

Not sure if you can see my make-up clearly since my hair and glasses is covering part of the make-up done. Personally I quite like this photo cos of my neat hair, eye make-up and yummy food. HEE. But anyway, headed to Shaw Tower/Center to look for recruit agency but they moved or something so we settled ourselves with yummy food again! 

Here's pretty NPM with her full make-up, posing with Banana and Honey Roasted Nut Ice Cream and Waffle (Promo $5). It was quite funny when I commented that I couldn't see her eyes in the first try X: Anyway thanks girl to accompany me to walk around in Bugis while I'm waiting for time to pass to meet up with my friends for dinner! HEE.

Overall Rating: As a banana fan, I love the taste of the ice cream and it comes with nuts in it! and the hot waffle! I guess $5 should consider cheap already huh! Anyway they have quite a few range of flavors and a lot seems to be innovated by them! They have interesting flavours! For example there's one Salted Egg Ice Cream, it really tastes like salted egg and I feel like I'm eating Mooncake (I don't know why but maybe cos it's coming soon?). But, I vaguely recalled that my friend whom visited it last time did mention that she didn't enjoy one of the flavor that she ordered. So... remember to ask for tasting of the icecream before buying them huh!

4. 藤

So after bidding goodbye to NPM, I walked around and meet up with my BFFs at this Japanese Vegetarian Restaurant . Check out these lovely sushi! They look just like the usual ones we see outside! HAHA, and just nice there are 5 pieces for 5 of us! We initially thought that there are only 4 cos the one at the most left is camouflaged with the veggi! HAHA! Yes, I know we are damn cute :D


I super love this one. Piping hot, cheezy mushroom! I secretly took the biggest one HAHAHHA! Okay no longer a secret since I let it out here. Wait, I think I told them too.

Sushissss! The total bill of that dinner was around $100. Some of the food are a bit salty, depends on whether you prefer it to be salty or less salty. Since I'm quite 重口味kind I actually like some of their saltiness! HAHA

BFFs! Too bad CS couldn't make it but I'm still glad that we manage to meet up after so long! Great catch-up session with random topics! Hee. Oh yes, I have to mention this staff who is so helpful in helping us to take photos. He suggested to take with the signboard too- help customers and help to promote the restaurant. HAHA.

Overall Rating: Great environment for meet-up (we were there for around 2hours plus?) with awesome people. Price may seems a bit high but maybe because it's vegetarian food plus it's a restaurant. (:

I think I should stop here. Photo bomb of yummy food is sinful as it seduce our taste-buds and crave for more food. HAHA

Loves,
Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment