Saturday, July 06, 2013

Birthday celebration is just another excuse to feast!

Hello Humans,

As the title says it all, my birthday celebrations were all about eating and eating! HAHA. Even my sister couldn't tahan me and asked me how many birthday do I have and when is my birthday. X: But oh well, it's like one of the best excuse to feast, apart from maybe CNY. lol.


1) Tim Ho Wan with family!
So lunar birthday marks the feasting period. HAHA. Gonna queue since it was lunch time and we took an hour to queue. They will need every guest to be present in order to allocate you a seat and we have quite a big number of 8 pax so we gonna wait for big table (aka more seats) and those groups with 3 or 4 or even 2 went ahead before us before there are seats for them.

Check out their menu! It's only 2 pages only. Also, look at the amount we food we ordered. I think it's quite scary to tell people that we ordered 30 plates of them. But it's really okay! As in everyone will be full and all, especially when my grandparents don't eat much and we have to eat their shares. LOL


Some of the food of the day. I love the hot-from-oven BBQ charsiew bun! Cos it's hot and crispy though it's like the combination of normal char siew bun and polo bun. I can't really recall how the food taste like now, but overall I think they are okay okay. You can try it at least once and decide it yourself. HAHA. According to my fading memory, their food are quite soft and piping hot. But anyway we spent an hour eating, which is kinda a bit rush but the speed that they are serving the food was quite fast and the space is actually quite cramp.

桂花糕 or something. This really reminds of me those ancient time where the queens like to enjoy dessert in their 宫殿. lol. There's not much to talk about after our lunch at Tim Ho Wan cos we simply just walk a bit in town before heading home. lol.

2) Hatched

My very first time having brunch and my first time being here at Hatched! It wasn't in our plan cos we were planning to go Food for Thought and walk around Botanical Garden and enjoy all the scenery and probably visiting some museums after that. But all thanks to the haze, we changed our plan to Tiong Bahru Cafe and another last minute change to Hatched just right before our train reaches Buona Vista!

Hatched is pretty easy to find since it's located near the train station. Check out what we have ordered- Sir Benedict (ordered by me; bottom right) is quite a small portion of brunch, and Big Breakfast (i made up this name cos I can't recall what 117 ordered!; top left, haha) which is a pretty big serving with bread, pototoes, eggs, bacons and a pot of tea. Catched up with each other, but 117 did most of the talking, mostly sharing her pre-taiwan trip etc. HEE, you wanna excite me to go travel is it?! Back from toilet with a pleasant surprise cos this 117 paid the meal and I was still thinking that she was joking! SO MUCH THANKS AND LOVE TO YOU HUH!

And we went walk walk shop shop to get some of her pre-taiwan shopping trip done. Was kinda hungry after wandering around Bugis street and tatah~ My first try for Black Balls located at Bugis+! I would say they are not bad but they are not really that fantastic to me leh :/ We can't really taste each of the ingredient as they have undergone some processes to make them more chewy but I would definitely love their original tastes and textures. But anyway, tastes is something which is really subjective. If not, how could they open 10+ outlets in Taiwan in just 1 year right. HAHA.


3) Senki Japanese Restaurant

After our first driving lesson on 24th June, Shan and I had some mini celebration for my birthday by eating Japanese ala-carte buffet! Bought this voucher online long time ago and finally we got to redeem it! Hee. But anyway, we order this plate of sashimi to try since we rarely have the chance to do so and even if we have, it would probably be too expensive to order. Unfortunately, it wasn't to our liking and we prefer cooked fish. HAHA. I would say I don't have the taste to appreciate such a dish and we even thought we tasted fishes from sea and even fish tank. Ignorant us.

These are the food that we ordered! Out of that 6 bacons sausage and fried dumplings I had 5 for each cos Shan was too full and it's quite oily lah. But omg buffet leh, how can I not stuff myself with food right?! Happy Happy me :D


4) Jem
No food for this part since I didn't take any photo of the food. We had ramen at Jem and had a short meet up of 3 hours on the day before our birthday. HAHA. Gonna jot it done cos it's the first time the two of us meet up just right before birthday.

5) Peach Blossom

So it was finally the actual day for my birthday. HAHA. Dated with my mum to have some dimsum using our 50% off voucher! But ahem, after the discount it's still quite expensive leh. But luckily the food is nice and we even had take-away! Met up with Shan our lunch and we headed down for some movie.




Miracle in Cell No. 7

We didn't really plan to watch this but too bad the movie "The Hunt" (which we wanted to watch) was no longer airing and "Now you see me" doesn't have any good seats left. But heng, this movie wasn't that bad and in fact it was quite funny and we teared quite a lot too. 

How can birthday celebration be complete without free icecream from Swenson right?! HAHAHHAHAHA. Happy birthday to myself. Yes finally I'm 23. Okay not really finally but yeah.

Slight changes to wish list since I'm no longer schooling. So sad huh. But anyway, we had another dinner with my dad and brother since we only had this icecream and chicken wing after our movie. lol.

6) Carpenter and Cook
Woot, strike out the first cafe to visit on our list! It was actually quite easy to find, to think it's somewhere near the place where my sis's friend live. haha. Anyway, it was a tea time session.

Food we ordered! Basically they only sell these kind of food, and they aren't cheap. We spent around $13 per pax by ordering 3 tarts, 1 scones and 1 pie (don't know what is it called) to share. It would be good if you wanna nuah, spend some time with a cup of drink and a piece of tart and music/book/stare into blank. But it can be quite crowded.
One of the photos that I love, taken by BHL!

So after having our tea break, we went to Bukit Timah Plaza and Beauty World to have some quick walk to hunt for more food but we settled down at Bukit Timah Market for fried prawn noodle, satay beehoon, sugar cane juice and veg pasta. Hee, it's been really long since the four of us having hawker food together. The last time was probably when we were in secondary school. Good old days.

Okay, this pretty sums up all the fattening feasting for Birthday celebration. Shall think of other valid reason to feast after birthday. LOL.

Loves and till then,
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment