Friday, September 02, 2011

G-tech


Hello Humans.

Can you tell me why is time passing so damn fast? ):

It's week 4 (going week 5) yet it still feels like holiday (though readings are stacking like mad). Study momentum shall come soonnnn.

This week is much like a recess week! Only had school on Thursday! HAHA.

Enjoyed 张学友
's concert on Monday with Godma and Shan. He is really Ge Sheng! He can sing and dance non-stop (he's 50 years old) for 5 or 6 songs! And his voice is damn amazing! Like play from his album, or even better! :D The concert is filled with Canto and Mandarin songs, which both I can understand (plus there are screens with lyrics,HAHA). Now he's top 1 in my heart for Male Singer, HAHAHAHHA. :D Guess it's the BEST CONCERT that I've been to so far! Remind me to sing his song in KBox if we were to go KBox together!

Had study session with Adele on Wednesday before going for GIP-Georgia Tech briefing. The supposedly 4 hours study session was shortened cos I went off for 1.5 hours to do some other stuffs-took passport photos, went popular, went to bank to deposit money and to apply for Debit Card and lastly Post Office to pay bill and send off application for passport renewal! Queues are mad long in the morning! People started queuing even like 30 minutes before the operation hours! Back to study after all the to-dos are done, but didn't have the time to be enlightened. ):

Had our lunch in Canteen 1! Tried Japanese food and Durian Ice cream! YUMMY! One canteen down, more to go! :D

There are 20+ of us but I didn't manage see any HSS-face during the briefing! All faces are damn unfamiliar except one girl who I've no idea where I've seen her. Came across this girl (BaoLing), who I thought is Adele's friend since they were talking when I was out of toilet. She's from CBE and she seems to be coming alone too. She's quite keen on going cos she's in year 3 too.

Anyway, I think instead of thinking USA or Europe, it's USA or NTU. Cos' it's very unlikely that INSTEP will be having round 2. Moreover, I doubt I'll have a good stand for round 2. Hence, if I were to reject meaning I have to look at GSS and stuff like that. Or simply, just stay in NTU.

Maybe like what Shimin said, an answer is deep down in me, but I'm unsure. Truthfully speaking, I am thinking whether I should go. Course matching shouldn't be a problem if what are on the list are offered. I should be able to graduate on time even in the worse case scenario where only 2 sociology mods are matched with other electives. 2 Soci mods is the crucial, if not I can't do my FYP in my final year man. Just that life will be difficult in my final year. So it's possible though it's a bit tedious. My earlier imagination of going to sociology classes with Adele in Georgia Tech burst into the air. Well, it's not finalized cos Adele still stand a chance for second round! Cos at least she received an email from GIP stating that her result will be out by 3rd/4th week of Sept. Cross our fingers, please get it!

My mistake, Georgia Tech actually have a long list of sociology modules, just that I'm unsure whether they are really being offered or not. The list is too long to be real. Bearing in mind the Uni focuses more on engineering... The estimated cost will be more than 15K, excluding the school fee that I've to pay to NTU, plus all the stuff that have to be prepared before setting off. Parents are very supportive of me going, money is "not an issue" as they will try to get the money by selling their blood and fats. HAHA. Ain't a small amount, will definitely apply for scholarship which isn't easy to get either. And my stupid PSEA is freaking pathetic will $1000 only D: Okay, that's better than nothing.

And what's worrying me now is whether my passport and transcript will be ready by 7th Sept, which I doubt so! Only this morning that I received NTU's email regarding my request for transcript! And it take 5 working days for it to process, meaning it will only be ready on Thursday?!


With all my worries, seems like I am really going. Or at least, I got feel like going.

It's a cycle, rushing my weeking mindmap and memo again and again and again.

Loves,
Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment