Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hello Humans.


The only constant is change.

Oh well, just a short visit around Jurong East Ave 1 where I had my childhood reminds me so much memorable stuff! We went to the playground where we used to hang around the balance beam (which is gone now) and the sea-saw while waiting for dinner (at a nearby coffee shop) to be ready. Anyway that coffee shop used to have a few stores and mainly tend by some Chinese selling drinks, noodles and 煮炒. But now, it's only one indian stall selling curry fish etc. I miss the coffee shop. My sister and I used to have Mee Pok there before we head to school (afternoon shift). Also, it was where I tried Mee Pok with Ketchep which eventually I fall in love with! (: HAHA. And yes, we do da-bao some dishes there such as those fried sweet and sour pork without the sauce (which is just fried pork balls) and 辣椒菜不要辣(since one of my sister don't eat chilli and tomato sauce, we gave in!).

Walk down the row, there's a clinic which we used to call it as 姐姐医生, perhaps that's one way of making little kids not so scare by drawing the doctor closer to the kids by naming the doctor 姐姐. It's gone and replaced by another private clinic.

There were a few big MaMa Store. Now they still remains, but at a smaller scale. Thanks to 7-11 which took over half of one of the store D: I miss the coconut/red bean ice-cream which cost 50cents. I don't mind to have one early in the morning but too bad, it's not even available D:

Across the road was my kindergarten. The place looks quiet and empty, but I was thinking that since it's under PAP so maybe there's still a high chance that it will still be there. Sadly, it's replaced by a childcare centre and it's under renovation D:

To our disappointment, we headed to the floor where we used to stay. I love my previous flat. It has a super spacious living room, a big balcony where my dad had 2 big fish tanks and some plants/tree, and it's 2-storey! (: However it's quite small for the second level. There're 3 rooms- one is the masterbedroom where all the 5kids (my siblings and I) occupied, 1 room which my parents took and one more room which was unoccupied which then opened up so that my grandparents can have the room when they visit us. Oh yes, and the bathroom is damn scary with many lizards hiding near the toilet bowl or the ceiling above the bowl and the slide door was faulty D:

I miss the stairs that I had to walk everyday. I miss shouting out from the balcony to my mother and aunt who were heading to the void deck of our flat and then we would hide when all the rest of the passerby look up (see, that's how I train my voice). I miss the malay uncle who stay at the same floor as us! Well, he's old, probably unemployed or retired, a smoker with a cat that roam around and it would sit outside his house and scare people. I miss walking to my primary school (JPS) and going to Aimee's house(lower primary)/zhu'er/calista/eileen's house! I miss how we complaint about Jurongville secondary school complain that we(JPS) occupied their space which is definity untrue. Sadly, the old site of JVSS is under some construction and the whole building was demolished, which is quite sad too la.

I miss life there. Well, I spent half my life there, and the other half in my current house. It's 10 years! Well, it's quite hard to believe 10years have passed. I'm no longer the young little kid, of course you wouldn't stay the same after 10 years. I'm 20 years old, schooling and slacking. Well, I've no clue what I will be and what I want to be in the next 10 years. Ambition? Nah, I doubt I've any in mind now. Used to have but hey, those are childish thinking when I was much younger! Teacher, DJ, entertainment sector, lawyer, air-stewardess and blah blah blah. I would say they're dream rather than ambitious, and they change when I was watching different dramas. HAHA,小孩子喜欢乱幻想嘛!Come to think about it, these are quite unrealistic or not suitable. For example, teacher must be able to teach and be patient which I think I can't handle both. Air-stewardess must have the look and multi-linguistic and height (which I've priority in) is no longer the first requirement. Oh well, I shall 乖乖study and see what I can do with my degree.

OMG school is starting soon D: I know it's consider a very long holiday since NTU has extended our holiday due to YOG. BUT who doesn't want to have some fun and enjoy holiday? 30th please don't come too soon! Though I'm expecting it to arrive very fast since I'll be volunteering for a week for coming week. Then I'll left with one week before school starts. D:
Front view of my notebook for coming sem! Well, it's JJ orientation book which I used a bit only. So I changed the cover by pasting other papers on it (: And yes, with my beloved spongebob! :D Hopefully it can bright up my day in school when I'm dying. HMM.

Back view of my notebook (: Perhaps i can look at the green grass when my eyes are tired, or maybe I can look at the red chair to stimulate some creativity out of my tiny brain when I need to(For your info, red helps to stimulate creativity. Read from some magazine!).
14August2010 marks the YOG opening ceremony! Remember to catch it at Channel 5 at 7.45P.M! Might blog later about YOG stuff!
Loves,
Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment