Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hello Humans!

Like I've said, I'm going to blog about YOG!

Today is the day! It's like so fast! I still remember around 2 years back when JJC was sending volunteers to cheer for singapore and hoping that we can host the game which we did! (: And yes, all the countdown etc, and now, today, it's the day! (: I do feel proud that singapore is hosting the FIRST YOG! Perhaps more people out there will realize Singapore as an independent nation instead of a state/whatever of China. We are the focus, at least for the coming weeks! :D

Well, actually I've not been to any training! YES NONE! The training date which I was told was on 7August thus I planned my Malaysia trip so that I can attend the training. But sadly, on the date that I've to travel to Malaysia, I received an email saying that I've to another training on a Friday, which I would be in JB already. So I missed the trainings and the other training since I wouldn't be back at the allocated dates.

Well, all those were just too last minute. Nevermind, I think I still can handle the position which is stretcher bearer. I would rather there will be nothing for us to do since if there's anything we have to do, it would probably means that some accidents or whatever happen and someone don't have the ability to walk. I hope I don't have to render any first aid skills since I don't remember any! I've not meet any of my teammates. Hopefully they're nice people to hang out with since I guess we'll have nothing much to do. Anyway, I'm going to be at Jurong West Sports and Recreation Centre! Well, it's a training venue (not competition venue D:) and I'll be covering duty for handball, swimming and football! But sadly medics are back of house, meaning we can't see they train also la D:

Okay, went to watch YOG opening ceremony combined rehearsal. Audiences were warned not to bring camera to take photos of the event. As a obedient girl, I didn't bring. But hey, why are all the rest of the people fishing out their cameras and snaping the event? I shall follow them, so that I can say I've watched the raw parts of the event! HAHA! But I'm not going to post them here.

Anyway, I felt quite disappointed after the rehearsal. Not just that they didn't give any goodies (ahem, typical singaporean you see! But they even asked us to pretend we have them-.=), but the overall of the event. I believe there's a huge room of improvement for the performances. I think they have to work much harder to meet the standard which I don't think they have reached that day. Well, I don't mean all of them. More specifically would be technical stuff and the flow of the performances. There were quite a few silence moments, screen cut off etc. I pray that it will be a successful event today, and it will be! :D

The largest floating stadium in the world if I'm not wrong (:

Hello Singapore flyer! I heard a Mother told her girl that the flyer takes an hour to complete one round when the daughter asked her mama why the flyer isn't moving! HAHA, the correct answer is 30minutes! Why I know? Cos I took it before der!

Drizzling D: But heng it was gone after a while! :D

The heliex bridge! :D the same girl behind me asked her friend whether she've learnt about DNA, her friend replied nope. Then she say "how about cell"? and the other said "nope". Anyway the flyer looks like a small crown on my head! HAHA:D




We reached rather early. Bought quite many food as dinner. Well, time was hard to pass and we had to cam-whore.



Pizza :D

close up view of the pizza. Not bad la. We also bought floss bun from breadtalk, muffins, biscuits, bacon stick and sushi! It was like a mini picnic! HAHA. :D

Eh, shan and 2 calefares.

I used to like Merly more. But after watching the front part of the event, I find Lyo very cute too! HAHA!

E v e r y o n e
Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games Theme Song
Ken Lim © 2010 Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (SYOGOC)


Tabitha Nauser
Walls are down
Hopes arise
Rings of the world unite

Steve Appleton
Every child
Has a wish
To glow like the stars above

Jessica Mauboy Bridge 1
Lift our voices as victories blaze
This is the day to win with grace

Chorus
Raise your hand for our generation
Fly the flags of every nation
Reaching out for that moment in our lives
Raise your hand for our generation
Living out your aspiration
Time to fly way beyond the skies
A world that shines for everyone

Jody Williams
Be the best
Go all the way
Friends beyond the race

Sean Kingston
Cheer the joy
Share the tears
The journey remains our pride

Bridge 2 *
Lift our voices as victories blaze
This is the day the world will shine on for everyone
And yes, I've collected my pass and stuffs that voluteers would receive. 2 YOG tees, 1pants, 1guide, 1 waist pucnh, a sunblock, and a packet of wet tissue. The photo on my pass was the one I took at the headquater which the system didn't recognize and requested me to send again-.- Anyway I can go YOV, ALL competition and training venues with my pass! HAHA, looks nice as compared to my sister's since hers only got one venue. Okay, wish that Singapore will host the event successfully and smoothly! :D And may I have a pleasant experience yay!

Loves,
bean :D

No comments:

Post a Comment