Sunday, November 10, 2013

Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao Buffet (Holland Village)

Hello Humans,


Shan and I- do we look alike? Most people say no, haha. Anyway we were making our way to Holland Village to meet Adele for our XLB Hotpot Buffet! I was kinda excited cos I've always heard how great it was- free flow of XLB and locating at Holland V sounds kinda good too-I don't know why. 


Our only group photo of the day! HAHA, I was so happy that we got this seat in the sense that there's a huge mirror next to me and I can take a group photo even though I don't really look good here. LOL. So this was taken right at the start of our feasting. We were too busy eating and some photos were taken randomly thereafter. 


So our feasting started! Not sure if I should say we ordered a lot or not. But we've ordered quite a lot of mushroom and veggi. To be honest, I was quite sad that don't have fish, prawn, scallop and chicken slices (their's come in pieces). So for meat wise since I don't eat beef (not sure if there's beef though, I didn't even look much at the menu) and mutton, I ate mostly pork, and those meatball thingy. The Szechuan soup base was spicy, and hence I didn't have much of that. 


What's Xiao Long Bao buffet without XLB right?! I was kinda a little disappointed cos I prefer Din Tai Fung's XLB. Perhaps I didn't eat it asap while it's hot... Oh well...

Char Siew Bao

Gui Hua Gao and Red Bean Jelly

We weren't very hungry to begin with though we didn't really have much for our lunch. We were basically stuffing ourselves with the food we ordered and I was super full! Well, I seldom eat steamboat (at least that's what I think) and this pretty okay in the sense that the ingredients are pretty standard like like tofu, veggi, mushroom and meat. But I'm quite sad that they don't offer seafood choices like fish, prawn (we were given 3 each FOC but that's of course not enough) and scallop. Yes I know I've said that but I'm just trying reinforce how sad I am for that. HAHA. Drinks can be only refilled when you finish them, so it's too bad if you wanna change your option (they have coke, barley and Chinese tea)

And another thing that I'll probably comment is the dining duration. It's only around 2 hours for you to enjoy the buffet and to catch up with friend/family. HOW IS THAT ENOUGH?!): Personally it wasn't enough for me cos I eat pretty slow. The place is slightly crowded and noisy so I could barely hear NPM when we were doing some catch up.

So would I go there again? Well, probably not anytime soon. If I've a craving for XLB, I'll probably head down to Din Tai Fung. Oh ya, Mayim (in WestMall) serve pretty nice XLB too. If I've a craving for steamboat, Xian De Lai is much of a good choice. I've tried it in August and they serve scallop, fish and prawn if I didn't remember wrongly. And they do not rush you off! Maybe it wasn't crowded that's why we could take our own sweet time..

So anyway, Thanks NPM for treating the Ho sisters! It's expensive, especially on a Weekend! Lots of love from us to you! HEEEEHEEE.

So after our buffet, we grabbed some bread for next day's breakfast and headed down to D' good Cafe for MED flea! We just wanted to take a look and see if there's anything for grab. The queue was super ultra long before we head for buffet and the queue was pretty short after our buffet. And guess what, we met XQ at the stairs! HAHA. I got myself a pretty green top, whereas XQ and Adele got themselves a dress each. 

Took photo with the pretty swing in the cafe before we parted:

Shan and NPM

The Ho Sisters. 
Pardon the big fat legs.


:D

Group photo: thanks to the free photoshoot booth at the flea! Reminds me of neoprints.. HAHA.

Loves,
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment