Thursday, August 29, 2013

Movie Mood

The Purge
Human Nature can be scary
"If on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing any consequences, what would you do? The police can’t be called. Hospitals suspend help." What would Human, without regulations and law, turned into? I can’t help it but to think of Durkheim. Rules and regulations that human are subjected to allow the proper functioning of the society, the peace and stability in our society. Rules and regulations punish those who breach it or challenge it. Durkheim aside, the movie seems to be quite interesting since it shows the scary part of human-人性的险恶. One can appears to be damn kind, friendly, approachable etc but deep down he/she maybe planning something against you on this night. Everyone was just waiting for that night, that night of the year. You can be randomly killed. Or could it be Darwin's survivor of the fittest? If you survived the night, you survive. If you don't, then it's too bad. Whatever it is, it seems like it's a interesting, action-packed, and scary (not in horror-movie sense of horror) kind of movie. I should catch it, maybe!

P.S.: I'm not even sure if i'm thinking along the right line for Durkheim and Darwin's theories. LOL.

The Conjuring
Sticking to my 原则
This movie looks so scary and I was sort of drawn to it when I was reading the synopsis in the magazine. Things that are so "old-fashioned" like ghost pulling your feet under your bed, ghost hiding in your ancient wardrobe etc are actually the scariest ones since these are so close to us. I have not watched any horror movie in cinema and I shall not break my custom of paying money to scare myself, especially on the lunar 7th month. I was tempted, really. But I shall endure and wait for Channel 5 to air it soon. 


The Internship
Old Interns
I wasn't really interested in this movie actually, not until when Shan briefly told me about the story line. Never did I realize the two characters in the poster are men in their middle ages. It seems like a funny movie that Shan really wanna watch. HAHA. I remember telling XQ that I wasn't interested but now I don't mind watching it. Maybe I shall check with Shan first. X:

ILO ILO
Award winning local film
This movie revolves around 4 characters- a family of 3 and a Filipino maid. The story seems to be very plain and to be honest I wasn't paying any attention to it, until my mum was saying that she wanna watch this movie. Through the short advertisement on TV and synopsis, the movie really just reflects the life of a normal Singaporean family, without much irritating effects or dramas in between. I guess it is the simplicity and the close-to-heart approach of the movie that won its support. Probably I'll bring my mama to the cinema then. 

Seldom that I'll have the feel to watch movie. LOL.

Bean.


No comments:

Post a Comment