Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week One of Y3S2

Hello Humans.

This post was saved as draft and I finally have the chance to complete it.

First week of school has finally ended. Have been attending lesson that I might be ended up in, though not all.

For the past few days, I have been loaded with thoughts regarding timetable and exchange. Life is full of choices and whether we have or do not have the choice, we complain (maybe, maybe no). What a contradiction. Okay, maybe that don't apply to me, but I guess it applies to me.

Time-table: What courses should I take?
My ideal plan for this semester would be clearing 3 sociology module (PE) and 2 other modules (CS+UE) but I guess I'm fine with 2 CS modules. Yeah, I'm thinking that I should stick back with my Minor in CS cos it still looks good with a Minor. HAHA. I'm glad that I don't have to camp for COM254 anymore cos the lecturer is kind enough to accept NPM and me (: I've  also gotten another CS module COM222 Basic Media Writing in Chinese, which I've thought of adding since last year? The lecturers/Tutors are Prof Xu Xiao Ge, a China man, and another female professor from Taiwan. Well, I'm still thinking whether or not to stick with it, though most likely I think I am. It's a 4 hours lecture combined with tutorial since one followed by another. Prof Xu was seems to be happy to see me in this course as I was the first to introduced myself as a non-wkw student. He even said something like journalist with other degree (like Sociology) can actually be helpful as these people can tackle social issue with more depth etc. HAHA, this sort of reminded how I used to think Majoring in Sociology and minoring in CS can make a pretty good journalist. Well, that's quite ideally speaking. Somehow I felt that I will learn something useful from this module. This maybe a senseless sentence that may make sense to you (right NPM?)

Finally decided on HS 316, HS 317 and HS 416 for this semester! Hopefully we'll be fine yeah. I mean we will be fine (:


GSS: USA or Europe.
For this I got to decide by Tuesday (which is today) and apply on Wednesday. Seriously both places are attractive and have their good and bad. I would say I would love to go Europe due to all the pretty buildings they have, and the programme fee is cheaper (4k for the trip). Yet I'm caught in University of California, Berkeley's (UCB) big name as it's a really good school! And, it's the BEST SOCIOLOGY UNIVERSITY IN THE WORLD. How could I not be tempted to go there to study, just for a single month. Well, I'm not a big fan of sociology but as a sociology major, somehow it may add value to my degree. USA costs around 7k, and probably runs to 10k or more for travelling and shopping.

Argh, tell me where to go!

Oh yeah, I'm a slower thinker.

Okay random photos here:

Happy breakfast to start a day! Last Tues's breakfast! Awesomeness to have right before COM222!

NIE lunch- Prawn mee with meatball! Uncle wasn't really friendly but the food is cheap and nice! (:

Present from Europe! Thanks yilin (: Joghurt-Yoghurt! Learnt a new word yeah! (:

My chocolate still in nice shape huh! (:


Handmade fried yam cake from grandma (:

Donut treat! Thanks wanxuan! Btw green tea flavour is nice! :D

and a random cat sleeping.

okay time to sleep.

NIGHT.

Loves,
bean.