Friday, April 29, 2011

Hello Humans.

Yesterday was my last day of official lecture for year 2. Stupidly, the last lecture lasted less than 30 minutes. I was like HELLO WHY DIDN'T HE COMBINE WITH THE LECTURE LAST WEEK?! Never mind, since I spent my morning mugging in LWM library. I don't know if I used the word mugging correctly, cos I only read around 40 pages of the damn HRM TB. And ya, I've read through 2 chapters of the TB which is around 100 pages within 2 days. X:

It seems to be more efficient to study out, since there'll be lesser distraction. And yes the aircon.

Anyway, PAP had a session with us people living in this condo. So they aren't really not hack-caring the residents here:D I didn't went down to support, since I was studying and eating and watching TV. HAHA. The PAP car that goes around the CCK area (I didn't know my area is under CCK GRC!) asking people to vote for them is pretty loud and clear. Unlike NSP, which is rather soft and I didn't really catch what the person was saying. LOL.

I was reading the NSP booklet this morning with my brother and we were like HMMMMM. They listed down what PAP promised or done over years and what NSP will offer/response to these items.

For example, an increase of GST from 5% to 7% by PAP is seen as a bad move. Honestly speaking, I was damn sianjipua when the GST increase to 7%. Commoner like me do not have money! BUT WELL, GST of 7% is rather low as compared to other countires! Correct me if I'm wrong that GST in Japan or HK is much higher.

Okay, let's not compare with other countries. What does GST really help? If I'm not wrong it helps to redistribute wealth. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. My economy knowledge really turn rusty but that should be that case if my memory didn't fail me. It makes sense that those who have higher purchasing power and consume more will have to "suffer" more by paying more GST. "Poor commoner" like me who are "supposed" to buy lesser will be less affected by this increment in GST. So I actually don't see why this increment is such a bad move when there's growing income gap that many Singaporeans are concern with.



However, NSP made a good point! Since it's supposed to benefit the poor, where does the remaining money that raised through this increment that not spent on them goes to? Perhaps someone need to explain it, if not people MAY assume that corruption or what-so-ever is going on. YES YES be more transparent.


Okay let's go back to NSP. Besides saying that they will decrease the current GST back to 5%, they even claim to exempt GST for necessities. How is the term "necessities" defined? It doesn't just benefit the poor but the rich too, since everyone need basic needs.

The points listed under the column of NSP seems to be very vague and weak. Points made like WHAT they are going to do but not HOW they are going to achieve them. Sorry but I'm not convinced. If the hows were to be listed, perhaps I'll be more convinced.

Oh, another post that looks like I'm pro-PAP. Maybe. Perhaps. Probably that I'm pro-PAP. But I don't think I'm really against opposition. It's quite true that if some seats of the Parliament were to be occupied by the opposition, it may helps the monitoring of our government. I think someone made a valid point. The opposition is unlikely to be the government anytime soon. Nevertheless, Nicole Seah seems to be a good leader t0-be. At such a young age, she's able to present herself and she's bold enough to have that speech. Well, I guess most or all members of the opposition parties are supposed to be daring to go against the current dominating party, so perhaps I shouldn't praise her bravo. LOL. But I got to say I sort of disagree when people judge so fast. Like towards, Tin Pei Lin, though I don't really know her. As in all I know about her is the youngest PAP candidate who owns a kate spade bag and she'll be contesting in marine parade. Comments made such as calling her kate spade or stupid comments on FB makes me wonder why some people hate her so much. Oh, shall stop here if not I'm gonna repeat what I said in earlier post. HAHA.

OOPS, I'm supposed to be mugging! HAHA. Okay, shall watch the noose before offing computer! WAHAHAH.

Loves,
Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment