Sunday, January 12, 2014

Just some comments for working life

Hello Humans,

Working life has been okay so far. I can’t comment much after just 7 days of work. But of course, I’m still adapting to waking up and reaching home when the sky is dark. Time becomes something awkward- precious after working hours so that I can spend time with myself and people I love and of course catching up with sleep YET I’ve been counting down to lunch time and knock off hour every single working day. ):

The first 2 days were pretty honeymoon period where I just read information from the intranet and newsletter to gain insight of my job scope and about the organization. The remaining days were busy with hand over procedures. I spent almost all the time for hand over and information seems to be flying everywhere. I was so lost and stone at some points of handover. Not having access to the programmes is definitely not helpful. Thanks to my boss who seems really nice and patient, she allowed me to digest the notes for days. She even had small talks with me every day to make sure I’m okay! (:

To be honest, I’m still digesting my notes after 2 days of looking through the notes I’ve taken during the hand over, the notes given and the systems that I currently have access to. I feel guilty for taking so long to digest them but I can’t help it with all the notes everywhere and not in order.

People here are, well, I can’t comment much again since I’m still too new to even start interacting with some people. In general they seem okay, I’ve not seen any evil people around yet. Just a pity that I haven’t really got to talk to people from the same department as me.

But anyway, just 7 days of working I've enjoyed some good food! First it's from Departmental Lunch and then it's CRG Lunch Buffet. I need to shed some fats by eating slightly healthier food and move a bit more which are not really easy to even start. HAHA.

A new week ahead, wish me good luck. And same to you, have a great week ahead (:

Love,

Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment